I thought of adding something to new to my blog. Who wants some cookies?! I DO!! I love me some cookies! *jumping up and down with excitement*
- 75gm unsalted butter, softened.
- 6 tbsp castor sugar.
- 1 tsp vanilla essence.
- 1 cup flour.
- 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- 2 tbsp rice flour.
- 50 gm dark chocolate, chopped (1/2 cup)
|Sorry I didnt have chocolates at that time so I made it without the choco chips.|
- Sift flour, baking powder and rice flour. Add it to the butter sugar mixture and mix for 2-3 mins with a beater. Remove beater.
- Mix well to make a dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and mix again to make a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. Roll each portion between 2 sheets of plastic thinly (1/8″ thick). Cut the rolled dough with a cookie cutter. Lift the cookies from the plastic sheet with the help of a knife and place on the baking tray. Prick cookies with a fork.
- Place on the low rack in the oven for 24 minutes at 160 degree celcius. Bake till they are golden brown at the edges.
Till it gets baked let me share a little trivia. In the 1930’s, Ruth Wakefield, owner of the Toll House Inn in Whitman, Massachusetts, added broken chocolate bar pieces into her cookie batter thinking that they would melt. Instead , this classic dessert was born. Well thanks to her. 😀
- Remove from the oven. Cool completely on the baking tray for 30 minutes. Store in an air tight container/ pack it sweet for someone special, having a cookie party or just have cheeky snack for yourself.
|I wanted to make big thin cookies but the size and shape depends on you. And as I didnt have have any chocolate I went for plain ol’ cookies ❤|
I hope this helps you if you plan to bake some cookies. 🙂